This post is sponsored by Fruitshoot. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
When I am packing lunches for my boys I have to get really creative. More creative than the typical mom I think because my boys vary in age (4, 15, and 30 something husband!) which means their tastes are as different as their ages lol! I try to go by a few simple guidelines while still keeping things personalized and fun!
1. Color is Key ~ choosing brightly colored fruits and vibrant veggies can make for a more enticing lunch and the boost of natural vitamins is an added bonus. Don’t forget the fun colored dips! Some favorites here are:
- Strawberries slices
- Carrots chips
- Cucumber stalks
- Yogurt or salad dressings to dip in
2. Hydrate Away ~ it is important to hydrate your family! Although water is my first natural choice the kids and dad want something more flavorful and exciting…a fruit juice like new Fruitshoot! With no High Fructose Corn Syrup and options with no added sugar, this drink will help quench their thirst and satisfy their fruity cravings!
- Tasty flavors of Orange, Apple, Berry Burst, and Strawberry/Raspberry
- No-Spill Cap is easy to use for all ages (no more spills in the car!)
- Perfectly sized bottles ready to pack in lunches, diaper bags or car rides
3. Keep Foods Fresh ~ Keep their favorite foods fresh with the right containers. Going green with reusables is not only eco-friendly but also offers better tasting food! Nobody wants their sandwich to taste like a plastic bag. Reusable food bags, stainless steel food storage containers, fun utensils and even cloth napkins make for a healthier and tastier homemade with love lunch.
4. Everything in Moderation ~ I want the boys to actually eat the foods I send so I let them help to choose their foods. Just remember balance and moderation. I group foods together (fruits, veggies, grains, dessert) and place piles out and let the boys choose things from each pile. Based on their appetite and food preferences the piles vary a bit but allowing them to make their own choices I’m hoping will lead to healthier choices when I am not the moderator 😉 .
What are your healthy lunch packing ideas?