Last year we splurged on Black Friday and bought a family TV that is a fancy flat panel and ditched our old huge tube TV, woohoo! Not only is it sleek and sensible with some great features we have come to love while enjoying family movies but it’s also great for maximizing our living space. What I didn’t know when we purchased it and only recently learned is that flat panel TVs can be dangerous even deadly to children.
With the increasingly popular larger sizes and new ultra thin designs, today’s flat panel TVs can easily tip over when bumped or pulled, toppling off of furniture posing a safety risk to curious little ones. There is an affordable and easy solution for families with SANUS. SANUS is the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, and has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide. By educating consumers on the risk of unsecured flat panel TV’s, SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide offer safe solutions for families across the nation by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities.
- A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
- Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week