Do you ever sit down and think about how expectations are higher these days compared to when our parents were our age? With so much more to do and no extra time to do it things can start to get put on the back burner unintentionally. My mom has been reminding me lately how important it is to take time for myself and my husband to have a date night on a regular basis.
Thinking to yourself that you can’t afford a date out with your spouse and the cost of a babysitter? No excuses! I have some great ideas for easy and affordable date nights with your significant other:
- Restaurant in your own kitchen~ spring for take out or even cook your favorite meal and ask your neighbor/parents/friends to watch the kids for a couple hours
- Wine & Cheese party for two~ when the little ones go to sleep grab your favorite bottle of wine and a platter of cheese that you have made ahead of time and enjoy the company of your sweetie in the comforts of your own living room
- Be a local tourist~ there are tons of parks and museums that have free admission days, who says dates have to happen at night right?
- Give your honey the world~ plan a night on the back porch with a telescope or even just your binoculars and gaze at the stars with your sweetheart and enjoy the silence and great beauty
- Night in at the cinema~ pick up your favorite flick or even grab your home videos and pop some popcorn and share a beverage with your one and only
What ideas do you have for date night with your significant other? How often are you able to sneak away and have some good quality mom and dad time?