A few years ago I was diagnosed with asthma. It hasn’t been a huge problem for me however more and more it is starting to be. I have allergies which tend to aggravate my asthma sometimes however I honestly am kinda clueless and don’t usually pay much attention to it. I am really excited to have been using a new app for my smartphone called AsthmaSense.
Developed to help asthma sufferers in managing their condition, is MAY even help to prevent attacks. How awesome is that?! The app is available for iPhones as well as smart phone users and is very reasonably prices at only $3.99 which is actually pretty affordable for preventative care. You can purchase the app through any of these app stores:
Pretty much everyone has a phone and always has it with them so the convenience factor is huge with this app. The app is very user friendly and has great features like a journal for personalized information such as medication reminders as well as testing your breathing. The app is very detailed and perfect for anyone that suffers from asthma.
I love the idea of being able to open up the app in an emergency situation and just handing over your cell phone to your care provider and having a detailed history for them to work with. What else does this life changing app offer, check it out:
- Easy to use for asthma management at any time
- For use with children or adults
- Set reminders for medication use and peak flow testing
- See when medications are due
- Log diary actions quickly with a single tap
- Record asthma symptoms and breathing function
- Selectively silence reminders as needed
- Select reminder tones for individual users
- Record unscheduled medication use
- Record missed medications, as well as edit or update the journal
- Review up to one month of peak flow, asthma symptoms and medication adherence
- Receive status alerts when your asthma is “not well controlled” or “poorly controlled” according to National Institute for Health guidelines
- Keep emergency contact information and phone numbers in easy reach
- Manage one or multiple users with one smartphone
Yep, the last feature is one of my favorites, it can be used for multiple people. Although currently I am the only asthma sufferer in my home it is hereditary so there is a chance my children will get it and with this app they are covered too. Whenever I am dealing with medications and multiple people (my husband, myself and kids) it is always a good thing to have things written down and with this app I am good to go on the go!